12 years old today means lots of lessons have been learnt along the way.
Projects big and small. Short and long term contracts. Very public and behind the scenes. Each of these experiences has been part and parcel of our business evolution.
Along the way, we’ve been fortunate to meet some fabulous people who have so willingly shared advice, guidance and provided mentorship.
Learning is a life-long process
When you run your own business you are constantly learning and from some of the most unexpected and unlikely sources – which is what makes it all the more fun.
There is never a dull moment. Adventure. Drama. Action. Anguish. Satisfaction. These are all part of the journey as a small business owner.
12 Lessons Learnt
- Never underestimate the value you bring to the table
- Whatever is really easy for you is not for others
- You need to be constantly testing, measuring and tweaking
- Done is better than perfect – relates to point 3
- Never become complacent
- Creating connections is essential for your growth
- Word of mouth is the most powerful tool you can harness
- Be very clear on who your audience is
- Small, easy to digest chunks of information work best
- Ask for help when you need it
- Don’t be afraid to pivot
- Discipline and consistency are the keys to achieving goals